Support Group Volunteer
We Need Volunteers for Our Support Groups!
We are seeking candidates in Loudoun and Fauquier counties to become support group facilitators. Due to the sensitivity and nature of the program, trained professionals from Breast Cancer Network interview candidates and facilitate this training on our behalf. Therefore, the following are certain requirements all volunteers must meet before training can be scheduled including:
- Candidate must be a breast cancer survivor
- At least one year out from primary treatment (i.e. chemotherapy and radiation)
- Be non-metastatic
- Pass screening by local and national Breast Cancer Network of Strength representatives
- Attend and be present for entire training class
- Pass post-class test
- Be willing to commit to facilitating a group for a minimum of 12 months post-training
For more information, please call Breast Cancer Network of Strength at 703-437-9595.